Friday, May 16, 2014

Letting Go

And just like that...Boom! 

Life is all different, again.

Our family had a young visitor for the past couple of months. 
He came into our home and our hearts, and broke them wide open.
With him, he brought chaos, frustration, challenges, needs, wants, dreams - CHANGE.

We endured, made due, and sacrificed with each other.
Together, we created love, laughter, healing, and hope.

Then, yesterday, he left.

He left behind an unnaturally quiet house, an empty bed, and a few aching hearts.

I hear his never-ending questions, his running feet, and his rare laugh echo in my mind.

In a thousand different ways, I wonder and worry.
Is he okay? 
Are his questions being answered?
Is he getting enough...?
Who will remember he needs....?

Finally, when the pain is great enough, I remember.


God loves him, too.

"For God is the one who provides seed for the farmer and then bread to eat. In the same way, he will provide and increase your resources and then produce a great harvest of generosity in you.
(2 Corinthians 9:10 NLT)

God definitely did this for our family.

When I just knew grocery money would not last the month - we always had enough.
Bills, baseball, and birthdays were all on the increase during our visitor's stay - all were provided for:)
Our budget plan flew out the window with another mouth to feed.
Yet, ALL of our needs were met!

I trust that God will provide in the same ways for our little visitor.
God loves him even more than I do.

The most effective way I can help those I love and worry about is to pray.

"Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
(Philippians 4:6, 7 NLT)

Pray.
Tell God what is on my heart. Remember what He has already done for me.
Thank Him. Let go of my fear. Receive peace.

Wow!
It really is that simple.
Not always easy...but truly simple.

So, today I will pray, let go of my worries, and allow God's love and peace to free me from fear.

That's absolutely the best way I can love my little visitor, even from a distance.



Thanks for reading!
Please share your own comments and Adventures:)


1 comment:

  1. Being meaning to tell you how beautiful is this article. Transition with the move and my own insecurities about God's direction at my church has only now lead me back to this article. Your story and your life are so encouraging and inspiring to me. Keep posting!! Love ya sis.

    ReplyDelete